[TYPO3-core] CGL, deciding on PHP Closing tag

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Sat Sep 28 19:29:46 CEST 2013

On 09/28/2013 02:13 PM, Christian Kuhn wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On 09/08/2013 05:13 PM, Helmut Hummel wrote:
>> http://www.doodle.com/xkr98w9kr5aftbsr
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> The majority wants to remove the closing php tag.
> What are our next steps?

Practical steps:
* Deactivate check for closing tag in Jenkins
* Push a patch

I talked to Stefano Kowalke regarding the Jenkins-change. We agreed that
it would be best to have a final "Go" from the CGL-team although "the
TYPO3 community has decided" (see doodle).

We already have an issue for it in the CGL-project:
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/50145

So I'd suggest for the CGL-team (Francois?) to consider accepting the
decision, and if you agree please give a go to proceed with the
practical steps (change CGL-document, confirm Jenkins can be adjusted, ...).

Kind regards,
 Stefan