[TYPO3-core] Brute force protection for TYPO3 backend

Torben Hansen hansen at skyfillers.com
Sun Sep 22 07:27:10 CEST 2013

Hi all,

brute force attacks to TYPO3 backends increased the last weeks, so I created a patch which internally blacklists the remote IP address for a given time, if there are too many authentication failures from a remote host.

http://forge.typo3.org/issues/52170

The attached patch is not completely finished, but I would like to hear some feedback from the core developers, if this approach is something that could make it to the core of the next LTS.

Best regards
Torben