[TYPO3-core] Hook names

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Sat Sep 21 18:46:10 CEST 2013

Hi all,

looking into
https://review.typo3.org/#/c/23922/2/typo3/sysext/frontend/Classes/Page/PageRepository.php
I wonder if we have any naming conventions for hooks.

We cannot change old hooks (unless we introduce yet another compat layer),
but we should try to not repeat the old problems again, especially we should
not include the file name in the hook name.

I prefer hooks with a clear name that describes what the hooks does or
offers. Thus in the above example I would go for pageInitPostProcess.

What do you think?

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!