[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 releases compatibility with PHP, MySQL and Browsers

Mathias Schreiber mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Mon Sep 9 09:24:19 CEST 2013

Hi guys,

just to clear up some things:

Windows 7 ships with IE9.
Vista ships with IE8.
But... I know that a huge pink telecommunicationsprovider has started moving to vista atm.
Also, a lot of citrix environments run IE8, since IE9 has some several RAM issues and IE10 is too new.

The customized IE6 is running at Daimler-Benz, not VW but that doesn't matter.

The whole idea is that all basic functionality should work in IE8+.
A link is a link is a link.
We changed from the JS inferno called the classic backend to a leaner HTML-based approach just because of these reasons.

If some container doesn't fade in... I don't really care.
Clicking links in the backend should work, adding IRRE records should work, the pagetree should work (I think the latter two are the tricky parts).

One question though...
If I attend TYPO3 events I see (subjective of course) like 90% macs, 9% linux and one or two windows machines.
How can we ensure that all features get tested by the people that implement them?
Passing around VMs is not a great idea license-wise, using the "document-compatibility-mode" in IE is rather unstable.
I could set up machines with RDP connections if that helps.

Anyhow... I suggest making these tests mandatory instead of building an "you fix IE stuff"-team.
It will get frustrating very quickly if we had such a team, because they would need to clean up other peoples mess.

What do you think about it?