[TYPO3-core] New features and css_styled_content static templates?

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Sep 8 16:28:32 CEST 2013

Hi all,

> Following this policy would mean that with6.2  we would drop all static
> templates: 3.x,4.6,  4.7  and keep only:4.5,  6.0,  6.1.

Following up on this topic I just pushed this patch:

https://review.typo3.org/#/c/23674/

which adds rendering for menu types 8 and 9 to css_styled_content static
templates versions 4.5, 4.6 and 4.7.

Open questions:

- should we go for lower versions too? It seems really useless to me.
The main point here is to allow LTS-upgraders to move 4.5 to 6.2 while
keeping the 4.5 static template.

- should this be backported to 6.0 and 6.1 (only for menu type 8)? Again
it seems only mildly useful for the same reason as above.

Feedback welcome.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter