[TYPO3-core] OpenID patches

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Thu Oct 24 08:47:29 CEST 2013

Hi Christian,

Christian Weiske wrote:

>> > Allow registration of different backend login forms
>> > http://forge.typo3.org/issues/51308
>
> I guess that they will not be in 6.2 since it's in feature freeze.

No.

> I'm sad about that; I first asked for review on my OpenID patches on
> 9th of July this year. Nearly 4 months have passed now and they will
> not be in 6.2.
>
> When should I have started contributing them? A year ago?

Well, you are not the only one who contributed features ;)
We merged a lot of them and even more bugfixes. But our time is limited and
all of us are working in their free time.

Unfortunately the patch is (code wise) not in a state that we want for
TYPO3, nor can we rewrite it in short time.
Therefore we push it back in our priority queue.

I did not give you detailed feedback yet, therefor here in short:
We would like to have less arrays in TYPO3, but more objects. For an idea of
what I mean, please take a look at the (merged) gridelements dataprovider
patch and compare the revision from Olli with the one before that from Jo
(~19-23?).

Eventually, we should aim to rewrite the whole backend login script and
change that to fluid if possible. Maybe you can already start with that so
we have a working version early next year?

Send me a PM if you need help.

In the meantime, you can xclass the login from class and override it inside
your extension. This is not pretty, but I do not expect many changes in the
login form code.
Watch out for some changes in the RSA handling that might come until final
release.

>> OpenID provider buttons
>> http://forge.typo3.org/issues/49399
> This bug can be closed; with #51308 the buttons can be implemented
> as normal extension.

Done.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!