[TYPO3-core] Patches requiring documentation

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Oct 14 08:47:19 CEST 2013

Hi all,

It seems that some contributors are not aware of the guidelines
regarding Core patches and documentation that we laid out at the T3ACME
before T3DD13. It is already documented quite clearly in the wiki:

http://wiki.typo3.org/CommitMessage_Format_(Git)#Relationships

When a patch has an impact on documentation (typically it introduces a
new TS or TSconfig property, or modified an existing one; same for TCA
properties), an issue *must* be opened in the relevant manual and
referenced in the Core patch's commit message using:

Documentation: #xxxxx

It is not required to write the actual documentation patch, although you
are very welcome to do so. As you know the Documentation Team is
severely understaffed, so it helps a lot if we don't have to dig into
the source code to understand how a given property works.

I'm pretty sure this was already mentioned, but I couldn't find where.
Anyway a reminder is always useful ;-)

Thanks in advance for making the documentation work easier and avoiding
that changes get undocumented.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter