[TYPO3-core] New TypoScript image rendering for css_styled_content using FAL objects

Patrick Broens patrick.broens at typo3.org
Sun Oct 13 14:25:50 CEST 2013

Hi all,

The past few days I've worked on a proof on concept for a new way of
image rendering in css_styled_content parts tt_content.image and
tt_content.textpic. I first tried it to use the new content object
FILES, but since the options we have need a lot of calculations, the
TypoScript was getting out of hand and unreadable (again).

The proof of concept is a new TypoScript content object, called
IMAGE_GALLERY, because image rendering in CSC can be seen as a gallery.
(room for discussion about the naming is open)

Most of the stuff is left to TypoScript. Only calculations like rows,
columns, image widths and some other stuff, which simply cannot be done
with TypoScript or is too troublesome, are done by a class. IMHO
everything is very transparent and readable, unlike the current way it
is done in CSC.

If you are interested, you can have a look at the blueprint [1]. A link
to the repository is provided there. Currently it is made as a separate
extension, but it can easily be transferred to the core.

The reason for this post is that I want your opinion on the current
status. Have a look and try it! One thing though: It's only rendering
HTML5. Please read the blueprint first for lacking features in the
current status, so you're not going to complain about that ;-)

If you think I forgot something, let me know.

Cheers,

[1] wiki.typo3.org/Blueprints/FAL-ImageGallery

--
Patrick Broens

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: typo3.org