[TYPO3-core] Taming the Performance in 6.2

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri Nov 8 11:30:25 CET 2013

Hi,

On 7-11-2013 18:20, Mathias Schreiber wrote:
>> Christian already told why the error supressing and include is bad.
>> The Flow Team already tried that in their performance sprint and
>> quickly got back to the file_exists require combination.
>
> I agree on the error supression part.
> We should get rid of that in the current autoloader too, then btw.
> Regarding the include part.
> Well... if you have buggy code how would that not affect require?
> I don't see a usecase for that right now, could you please elaborate?

For another patch I had a look at the PHP docs to see what it does and
how it can influence speed.
The "@" actually only temporarily sets the error reporting level to
zero. Error handlers are called as usual and nothing is changed to the
handling of the code.
Checking if a file exists first is rather cheap (it's also cached) and
will prevent the whole error handling to take place (which won't have
any result except for burning CPU cycles).

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!