[TYPO3-core] Taming the Performance in 6.2

Mathias Schreiber mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Wed Nov 6 15:40:17 CET 2013

Dropping PSR-0 support is no option?
Imagine this:
typo3conf/ext/VENDOR/extensionA
typo3conf/ext/VENDOR/extensionB

So instead of punishing everyone working "correctly" with his namespaces with bogging down the system we could just set up a rule like "Your namespace has to be equal to your directory structure".
If it is not, well... bad luck.

Option B:
Have an extension register its rootpath once and keep these in memory.
So if you use \Husel\Blablupp\MyClass() it has to reside in Classes/Blablupp/MyClass.php in the extension dir that registered \Husel

This could drastically reduce the amount of disk I/O.

@Tom:
Could you post your measurements about the differences on "keep stuff in RAM" vs. "access a lot of files"?

There has to be a certain breakpoint where accessing lots of file out-race the RAM usage.