[TYPO3-core] Taming the Performance in 6.2

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Wed Nov 6 15:28:55 CET 2013

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Aebischer wrote:

> As a quick fix i propose to first check the filename with a less expensive
> Regex before checking it with isValidUrl.
> This resulted for me in a speedup of ~10% in the Page Module.
>
> I created a gist with the proposed change, let me know what you think
> about. https://gist.github.com/pAlpha627/7335791

If the impact is really that hight, then we should really include this quick
fix.
A small glitch with your patch ... getUrl also accepts (s)ftp(s) if you
enable cURL. Therefore the regex should be like in the getUrl method.

Or you could simply check for a scheme: strpos($filename , '://') !== FALSE

Can you push your proposal as a patch to gerrit?

In the long run, we should make fetching external URLs optional, as you
might not even want external URLs to be included in the merged file (e.g. if
they are on a CDN).

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!