[TYPO3-core] [!!!] Git repository changes

Michael Stucki michael.stucki at typo3.org
Mon May 27 16:15:53 CEST 2013

Hi all!

as already mentioned in another thread, we like to merge the Git submodules
into the main repository. Thomas Maroschik has prepared a script which does
the whole migration.

You can look at the script and the expected result here:
- https://gist.github.com/tmaroschik/6f1b36a71dbe0ab0e1f8
- https://github.com/tmaroschik/TYPO3-Core-Without-Submodules

To make this work, we will reapply the same changes on the latest
repository state (this will take 1.5-2 hours).

At the same time, we will also rename the repository name to be in line
with the new product name:
- old: git.typo3.org/TYPO3v4/Core.git
- new: git.typo3.org/Packages/TYPO3.CMS.git

So why am I telling you this?!
=> From Today, 18:00 until 22:00 CEST, there must be no merges in Gerrit
(or your work will be lost).

We will inform again when the migration is completed, and we will post
instructions on how to continue with the new repository.

Greetings, Michael