[TYPO3-core] [RFC] Upcoming Git changes

Michael Stucki michael.stucki at typo3.org
Mon May 27 14:29:52 CEST 2013

Hi Helmut,

there was no reaction from you after Ernesto's reply. Do you disagree about
the plans? Do have anything to add?

Here is the current state of the migration script which Thomas created:
https://gist.github.com/tmaroschik/6f1b36a71dbe0ab0e1f8

And this is the result of it:
https://github.com/tmaroschik/TYPO3-Core-Without-Submodules

What we plan to do is this:

1. Announce a merge freeze
2. Run the script again on the current repository (this will take 1.5-2
hours)
3. Push the changes

Additionally, we will rename the repository to
git.typo3.org/Packages/TYPO3.CMS.git

Greetings, Michael