[TYPO3-core] RFC: CGL changes (closing php tag, multiline string concate)

Peter Niederlag peter.niederlag at typo3.org
Wed May 22 15:20:41 CEST 2013

Hello,

On 22.05.2013 15:05, Alexander Opitz wrote:
> Hi Dmitry,
[...]
> vim doesn't show this extra line, but it preserves that line. It won't
> get removed on save.
>
> Tried with following version:
>> $ vim --version
>> VIM - Vi IMproved 7.3 (2010 Aug 15, compiled Apr  2 2013 09:17:34)
>> Inklusive der Korrekturen: 1-547

well, it depends heavily on the settings.
vim: help endofline

I have tried to understand it multiple times but failed until now as eol
handling greatly seems to depend on the editor/tool used. netbeans
removes it, while vim will readd it. I tend to fix it during 'git add
-p' phase. :(

Greets,
Peter