[TYPO3-core] FYI: Team structure for the Neos and Flow team

Robert Lemke robert at typo3.org
Fri May 17 15:33:41 CEST 2013

Hi folks,

this week we discussed and finalized the updated team structure for the
Neos and Flow team.

It builds upon the work and feedback you folks give during the
restructuring of the TYPO3 CMS team, but takes a slightly different
approach. The most noteworthy probably is that we don't call the
coordination part the "core team": all active contributors together form
the "TYPO3 Neos Team" and the leadership is handled by a very small
"Coordination Group" which consists of Active Contributors.

Another important step we'd like to take is that all Active Contributor,
no matter of project leader or not, have the same access rights. They
shouldn't use them in all cases and be very responsible while doing so,
but we'd like to lower the technical barriers which often stand in the
way. Especially this point needs some coordination with the TYPO3 team
of course – let's see if we can tackle it during the Developer Days (or
earlier) (here's our related ticket for your reference:
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/48344)

Finally, here's the news article pointing to the page where all the
structure is explained:

http://typo3.org/news/article/neos-and-flow-an-update-for-the-team-structure/

Cheers,
Robert

--
Robert Lemke
Lead Developer TYPO3 Neos and TYPO3 Flow

Blog: robertlemke.com
Get involved: typo3.org – flow.typo3.org – neos.typo3.org