[TYPO3-core] Announcing TYPO3 CMS 6.1.0 Alpha1

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Tue Mar 19 19:47:00 CET 2013

>> And of course another problem is that we got tons of small classes now
>> due to the code cleanup process. So the point might be to find a better
>> balance between overall number of classes and overall number of methods
>> within a single class.
>
> The Number of classes is not the problem, but the Number of classes with
> an alias for BC ... it is to much.

The number of classes is definitely a problem, when you see, that at
least on my testing system using the introduction package, about half of
the time used to render a cached page is eaten by makeInstance and
related stuff.

IMHO it does not make too much sense, to have lots of classes with just
one method (i.e. stdWrap classes and the like), as long as instanciating
a class is as expensive as it is now.

This is why I would try to get more balanced numbers of classes and methods.

But again: We should discuss this in another thread :-)

Cheers

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de