[TYPO3-core] Announcing TYPO3 CMS 6.1.0 Alpha1

Alexander Opitz alexander.opitz at netresearch.de
Fri Mar 15 14:41:00 CET 2013

Hi Oliver,

> Thanks for your numbers in that regard. Please also consider that the
> configuration of the Introduction Package in TYPO3 4.5 is different than
> in TYPO3 6.0 - e.g. TypoScripts have been modified, different extension
> versions are used etc.
>
> I guess the statement "6.0 is slower that 4.5" is valid, however "6.0 is
> almost 50% slower than 4.5" is not valid. We need a common reference
> system where we can measure these things and ensure that we're testing
> on the same configuration and thus just only the TYPO3 Core...

that may be true, but the introduction package is a collection to help
new users to build easily a page. And then he should remove/reconfigure
his system to get a fast one? Why not ship a fast one?

And from the users point of view, there have nothing changed on the
introduction package, the start page looks same and it does the same.

And as the start page should come from cache, which extensions/changed
configuration will produce this slowness?

I know, the test isn't the best but a good point to start as there are
only 7 Month left for the next LTS.

At the moment we have the user vs. marketing situation. The user blames
a problem and the marketing tells you that this is the new feature. ;-)

Best Greetings Alex//

--
Viele Grüße
Alexander Opitz

T: +49 341 47842 15

Netresearch - Passion for eCommerce

Netresearch GmbH & Co. KG
Nonnenstraße 11d - 04229 Leipzig
http://www.netresearch.de

Registergericht: AG Leipzig HRA 15614
Komplementär: Netresearch Beteiligungs GmbH, AG Leipzig HRB 17018
Geschäftsführer: Michael Ablass