[TYPO3-core] Announcing TYPO3 CMS 6.1.0 Alpha1

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Fri Mar 15 13:15:11 CET 2013

On 03/15/2013 12:26 PM, Tolleiv Nietsch wrote:
> You're right and wrong - from my point of view the Redis cache backend
> didn't improve performance at all - memcache was just fine ;).

Depends on use case: memcache blows up as soon as (multiple) tags are
used per cache entry, while redis can handle a huge number of tags very
well. See cf documentation [1] for details. Other than that a get/set
operation is at a similar performance level in both services, so both
equally fit for non tagged cache entries.

Regards
Chritstian

[1]
http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/CoreApiReference/CachingFramework/Index.html