[TYPO3-core] Announcing TYPO3 CMS 6.1.0 Alpha1

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Mar 14 20:12:46 CET 2013

Am 14.03.2013 19:04, schrieb Christian Kuhn:
> Hey,
>
> On 03/14/2013 04:10 PM, Alexander Opitz wrote:
>> You don't need a big user scenario if the simplest task "Deliver my home
>> page as fast as possible" do not work.
>> As webmaster you don't try to clear your cache as often you can, so this
>> performance is only interesting on non_cached pages, but this should be
>> the lowest number of pages. There aren't much company pages outside
>> which have logins for users and so on.
>
> I disagree.

Well, hopefully you disagree regarding the last sentence only.
Of course there are lots of company pages with login and dynamic
content, but the rest of the quoted paragraph IMHO is correct.
Especially since most of the dynamic stuff should be served at least via
the caching framework, which again would be cached content then, but
with less cache lifetime.

Delivering cached pages with a minimum slow down of more than 10% with
each new version compared to the LTS, at least seems to be an indicator
that there must be something, that could be "slightly" optimized.

BTW: I don't know what would be realistic use cases for the number of
concurrent requests in the "real world" you had in mind, but in the real
world of some TYPO3 projects I know of, these are the average numbers
the QA people are working with, since they have to handle up to 400/s
during peak times on a 4.5 LTS based instance. After all, these tests
are meant to examine how scalable a system is, and that is a key factor
for enterprise clients.

Of course these numbers don't matter too much for the average website of
an average company with an average number of hits, but TYPO3 officially
claims to be the "Open Source Enterprise Content Management System", so
it should be tested on enterprise level as well.

Just my 2 cents

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de