[TYPO3-core] Supported browsers for the *backend*

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Tue Mar 5 12:01:40 CET 2013

Hi Christian Hennecke,

Christian Hennecke wrote:

> We've had some requests for mobile support. One project had this as a
> mandatory feature. I think the demand will increase, at least for news
> sites.

It works pretty well with Firefox on Android.

A year ago, the main problem was, that ExtJS was always resizing if you
tried to zoom in and out. This still seems to be a problem with Chrome.

Also it is a big difficult to work around the need to hover page elements.
In Firefox you can click on the (empty) bar and you will either get the
hover state if you hit a space or you will click the icon that was hiding
there.
I would like an option to always show all action icons, but maybe it is
enough to add a user CSS file?

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!