[TYPO3-core] Policy on strict error reporting

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Sat Jun 15 18:10:48 CEST 2013

I would appreciate, if TYPO3 would not throw any warning in normal
production runs and in default environments.

I think it's a challenge to fix all warnings, but we should solve that,
as many warnings are not to hard to avoid :D

Regards
Kay

Am 15.06.13 14:29, schrieb Loek Hilgersom:
> Hi,
>
> Do we have any policy on conforming to strict error reporting? With PHP
> 5.4 E_STRICT is automatically included in the E_ALL error reporting
> session, and I'm getting quite a lot of warnings and notices from the
> TYPO3 core if E_STRICT is enabled (also when using PHP 5.3).
>
> Is it worth fixing those?
>
> And the same question for deprecation messages in TYPO3 4.5 running on
> PHP 5.4, or do we just let them be and turn down error reporting level?
>
> Cheers,
> Loek

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach