[TYPO3-core] 6.2-git: compatibility with 4.x

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Mon Jun 10 20:31:39 CEST 2013

Hi Michael,

Am 05.06.13 12:19, schrieb Michael Stucki:
> Just noticed this thread. I wonder, does it make any sense to remove a
> compatibility layer right now?
>
> How about waiting and removing it after the LTS?

We discussed that in one of the previous Release Team Meetings.
Please read "Deprecation Strategy in 6.2 LTS" of the accordant protocol:
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3cms-v62/news

The autoloader is capable of handling most of these files and thus the
require() call is not required at all anymore. Besides that, the
compatibility extension will catch these kind of "wrong" require() calls.

Cheers,
Olly
--
Oliver Hader