[TYPO3-core] Migrating system extension manuals to ReStructured Text

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Jun 6 21:18:20 CEST 2013

Hi all,

> As a test bed, I have created a fork of the TYPO3.CMS repo on Github [1]
> and will start pushing converted manuals to it. I imagine doing the
> cleanup there too and submit a patch to the official repo after that. I
> hope to be able to achieve this within 2 weeks, so that we have time to
> get the converted manuals into the Core before T3DD13 without rushing it.

Today I finished pushing all converted manuals to the "documentation fork":

https://github.com/fsuter/TYPO3.CMS.Documentation.Migration

I pushed them in their "raw" state after conversion, knowing that Martin
improved the conversion script very much these last few days and that
the result is really not so bad. The manual cleanup work should not be
too extensive.

Note that we didn't include the "_make" folder that generally appears in
a Sphinx project, as these need to be added only when a rendering is
performed and it wouldn't make sense to have all these files in the
source code of the TYPO3 Core.

We are one step closer to reality!

Cheers

--