[TYPO3-core] 6.2-git: compatibility with 4.x

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Jun 5 13:44:31 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 5-6-2013 12:19, Michael Stucki wrote:
> Just noticed this thread. I wonder, does it make any sense to remove a
> compatibility layer right now?

It's not a compatibility layer actually. They are only needed if the
code relies on explicit require/include statements instead of the class
autoloader.
Autoloader support has been around since TYPO3 4.3.

> How about waiting and removing it after the LTS?

When do you actually want to say farewell to features of TYPO3 4.2 and
earlier? (TYPO3 4.3 was released on November 30, 2009)

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!