[TYPO3-core] Migrating system extension manuals to ReStructured Text

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Jun 3 21:15:37 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Time for an update :-)

> 1) over the next few weeks, I'll take care of migrating existing system
> extension manuals to ReST. To give you an idea, here are the sysext that
> have manuals (some being very short, but still):

Over the course of the last two weeks, I made several tries with what
the manual of rtehtmlarea, which is one of the largest manual among the
system extensions. I had several exchanges with Martin (Bless) to refine
the migration script, to try to have as little manual processing to do
as possible. This has been very successful :-)

As a test bed, I have created a fork of the TYPO3.CMS repo on Github [1]
and will start pushing converted manuals to it. I imagine doing the
cleanup there too and submit a patch to the official repo after that. I
hope to be able to achieve this within 2 weeks, so that we have time to
get the converted manuals into the Core before T3DD13 without rushing it.

I'm not sure if forking on Github was the right way to do it, but it
seems like the current trend for experimental "branches".

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

[1] https://github.com/fsuter/TYPO3.CMS