[TYPO3-core] Second Meeting for TYPO3 6.2 LTS Release

Ernesto Baschny ernesto.baschny at typo3.org
Mon Jun 3 11:13:19 CEST 2013

Hi,

just as a final "short" summary of the discussion (thanks for all the
participants!) beneath:

- we won't simply "bring back" more already deleted old-API between 4.6
and 6.1 just for the sake of "keeping old extensions running".

- we are aware that the amount of old-API deletions between 4.6 and 6.2
is big, but we consider this a natural process (and documented by our
deprecation policy). The impact on "upgraders" who are not following
latest Core changes actively might be big, but we are working on making
the process at least predictable by providing documentation, checklists
and a "compatibility check" extension.

- we made an exception for t3lib_div::int_from_ver, simply bringing it
back in 6.1 and 6.2 (was deleted in 6.1) due to a "chicken-egg" problem
for extensions wanting to support TYPO3 CMS 4.5 .. 6.2.

Regards,
Ernesto

--
Ernesto Baschny