[TYPO3-core] Extension configuration that's overwritable by AdditionalConfiguration.php

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Jul 26 17:30:48 CEST 2013

Hi Christian,

Christian Weiske wrote:

> Hello Philipp,
>
>> > It's hard to configure complex arrays that way. I need something
>> > like this:
>> What is the problem here?
>> Looks perfectly fine for me.
>
> How would that work? Is there a way to have multiline text fields in
> ext_conf_template.txt?

Sorry, I missed that part ;)

I would put that configuration into
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SVCONF']['auth']['tx_openid_sv1']['providers']

You can put the default configuration into ext_localconf.php.
Own settings can be saved in AdditionalConfiguration.php

http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/Typo3ServicesReference/Configuration/ServiceConfiguration/Index.html

Or you make the academic implementation and introduce an own service type
for each provider ... but IMHO this would be overkill as you do not need
logic, but just a few static values.

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!