[TYPO3-core] Extension configuration that's overwritable by AdditionalConfiguration.php

Christian Weiske christian.weiske at netresearch.de
Fri Jul 26 07:24:49 CEST 2013

Hi,

I'm writing a patch to show OpenID provider buttons on the login
screen[1]. This provider buttons need to be configurable, so that
companies put in their own provider logo + URL, or simply adjust the
order in which the providers are listed.

Now my problem is how to do this configuration.

- TypoScript cannot be used since we're on the login screen, and no user
  is known.
- I'd rather not put the list of providers into LoginController.php
  since it's more an OpenID subject, thus belonging into the openid
  sysext.
- Putting it into openid/ext_tables.php means that it cannot be
  overwritten in AdditionalConfiguration.php because the ext_tables*
  files get loaded after it.

What solution do you see here? PHP configuration, prefilled, but
modifiable by the admin.

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/issues/49399

--
Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Weiske

-= Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 =-