[TYPO3-core] State of TYPO3 OpenID

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Tue Jul 23 23:26:09 CEST 2013

Hi Christian,

On 12.07.13 10:18, Christian Weiske wrote:

> Helmut dismissed my patch saying that OpenID isn't meant to be used that
> way and that we need two code paths,

 From my understanding I think we mostly agree and want the same thing,
only have to find a common ground how to exactly implement it in a nice
and extensible way.

I would have loved to already have done a voice call with you, to get to
an agreement while talking instead of writing, but unfortunately ran out
of time before my holidays from which I right now returned.

> even though I know the OpenID spec
> pretty well and implemented several OpenID clients before.

I also know the specs pretty well, as I just finished a nice customer
project doing an own implementation as the TYPO3 extension did not fit
our needs.

Let's just set up a meeting next week (this week would be too tough for
me) so we can talk about the fix and future plans for what we intend to
ship as OpenID implementation for TYPO3.

Can you set up a doodle making suggestions for an online appointment?
Next week I can schedule pretty much every time as I do not have fixed
appointments.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Helmut