[TYPO3-core] "cherry-pick to" feature in Gerrit

Markus Klein klein.t3 at mfc-linz.at
Thu Jul 18 11:37:33 CEST 2013

Hi!

> Hi,
>
> On 17-7-2013 22:51, Steffen Gebert wrote:
> > Jigal, do you have an ID where I can see this?
>
> https://review.typo3.org/22171
>
> The 6.2 patch modifies a single line, the gerrit cherry-pick 6.1 patch changes
> two lines (extra whitespace after the closing tag), the locally cherry-picked
> change set only changed a single line again.

The newline at the end is ok. It does not harm.

Nevertheless because you mentioned it here I just remembered that the cherry-picking of Gerrit seems to work different some way.
I had a patch which couldn't be applied by the cherry-pick feature, but a local cherry-pick worked just fine. I can't remember which patch it was, but there's obviously a different behavior.

~Markus