[TYPO3-core] "cherry-pick to" feature in Gerrit

Markus Klein klein.t3 at mfc-linz.at
Thu Jul 18 00:13:46 CEST 2013

Hi!

I did quite some backports already, but never experienced this issue.

But I had a very strange issue yesterday:
I cherry-picked a commit and accidentally also removed the Change-Id in the commit msg.
The patchset was created and the web ui showed me the patch correctly, including the missing change-id.
I clicked the edit commit-msg button and readded the change-id from the original patch.
After that I merged the patch and suddenly I had two change-id lines in the final merge.
https://review.typo3.org/22371

I guess this is a real bug.

Kind regards
Markus

Markus Klein
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributors Team Member