[TYPO3-core] TYPO3 6.0: namespaced classes and typo3/*.php scripts

Ernesto Baschny ernesto.baschny at typo3.org
Wed Jan 23 09:35:05 CET 2013

Jigal van Hemert schrieb am 22.01.2013 09:05:
> Hi,
>
> On 21-1-2013 12:29, François Suter wrote:
>> This proved impossible with TYPO3 6.0 because the wizard_forms.php
>> itself tries to instantiate "SC_wizard_forms" instead of
>> "TYPO3\\CMS\\Backend\\Controller\\Wizard\\FormsController":
>
> I think that some places where missed during the namespaces operation.
> The smart compatibility layer for old class names kicks in and the
> scripts still work (this kind of hides the problem you encountered).

The problem is hidden, but are there already deprecation plans for this?

Maybe we should add a "deprecation message" in 6.1 when instantiating
old school classnames. Trouble of course are extensions desiring "4.5
through 6.1" compatibility, which will still use the old names on
purpose, and thus you'll get tons of useless "deprecation messages" in
your logs.

Maybe a switch to disable it for certain extensions. Or deciding if the
deprecation message needs to be shown through the ext_emconf "dependency
on TYPO3 version" extension setting: If set to 4.5 or later, don't show
the deprecation message, if set to 6.0, show it if calling old school names.

Regards,
Ernesto

--
Ernesto Baschny