[TYPO3-core] Backporting Hooks

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Tue Feb 19 13:52:43 CET 2013

Hi,

Mhmmm, from the architectural perspective the idea of these single hooks
is similar to xclasses, so it's definitly not my favourite.
The simple is array check i prefered from my point of view :D

Thanks
Kay

Am 19.02.13 10:39, schrieb Jigal van Hemert:
> Hi,
>
> On 19-2-2013 7:49, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>> I had a crazy idea: to make a hook in each public system call to let
>> extensions replace the entire method without XCLASSing. Only one hook
>> can work (so, no arrays of hooks) but that would be far more flexible.
>
> Processing a hook takes a little processing power. If we add hundreds or
> thousands of hooks to each and every public function this will have a
> significant effect. With all the uproar about the speed of TYPO3, this
> will probably not be accepted.

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach