[TYPO3-core] Backporting Hooks

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Mon Feb 18 15:56:50 CET 2013

Hi Again,

after the discussion, what is the result?

Is it possible to a hook to replace an xclass like the following
backported to 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 6.0, ...?
Is it worth a try or should i stay at the xclass currently?

> <?php
>
> class ux_t3lib_TSparser_TSconfig extends t3lib_TSparser_TSconfig{
>
> 	/**
> 	 * Parses the passed TS-Config using conditions and caching
> 	 *
> 	 * @param	string		$TStext: The TSConfig being parsed
> 	 * @param	string		$type: The type of TSConfig (either "userTS" or "PAGES")
> 	 * @param	integer		$id: The uid of the page being handled
> 	 * @param	array		$rootLine: The rootline of the page being handled
> 	 * @return	array		Array containing the parsed TSConfig and a flag wheter the content was retrieved from cache
> 	 * @see t3lib_TSparser
> 	 */
> 	public function parseTSconfig($TStext, $type, $id = 0, array $rootLine = array()) {
> 		// @todo add caching here!
> 		/**
> 		 * @var Tx_Skinselector_Domain_Repository_SkinRepository
> 		 */
> 		$skinRepository = t3lib_div::makeInstance('Tx_Skinselector_Domain_Repository_SkinRepository');
> 		$skin = $skinRepository->findByPageOrRootline($id);
> 		if($skin !== NULL) {
> 			$buffer = $skin->getTSConfig() . "\n\n[GLOBAL]\n\n" . $TStext;
> 			return parent::parseTSconfig($buffer, $type, $id, $rootLine);
> 		} else {
> 			return parent::parseTSconfig($TStext, $type, $id, $rootLine);
> 		}
> 	}
> }

Thanks in advice
Kay

Am 09.02.13 10:50, schrieb Kay Strobach:
> Hello Guys,
>
> from the discussions above and some problems in the past i want to
> gently ask, if we can add an exception to the non backporting policy.
>
> As Tolleiv mentioned in the "Review System woes" sometimes Hooks are
> missing in the core. So my question is, if hooks may be backported in
> the future.
>
> Reasons:
>  - Having hooks backported reduces the use of XClasses
>    (which should be denied in my opinion)
>  - Having Hooks instead of XClasses reduces headaches between version
>    switches
>  - Hooks usually do not break anything, but offer more possibilities :D
>  - Having Hooks backported atleast one version / LTS makes it easier to
>    make futureproof extensions
>
> Thanks in advance
> Kay

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach