[TYPO3-core] Changing the release cycle

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Feb 17 12:38:37 CET 2013

Hi Georg,

> before talking about any 7.0 or 6.4 it would be more important to talk
> about a possible roadmap. It doesn't really make sense to stress some
> users with a 7.0 and end of a 6.x branch if we don't yet even know what
> we wanna achieve ;)

Sure. I just meant these numbers as examples. What I really want to
express is:

- the changes in 6.0 were big enough and developers need time to adapt.
I we want to make 6.2 LTS a success we should make 6.1 and 6.2 be minor
releases in terms of features and big changes under the hood.
- to accommodate for a bigger refactoring, we would open development for
the next major release (hence 7.0) in parallel. This would help keep the
6.x branch stable and also give more time for the big changes, because
development of 7.0 would open now (or after the moratorium I proposed in
another thread for resolving all pending patches).

That's the point I'm trying to make.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter