[TYPO3-core] CMS Configuration

Stefan Neufeind typo3.neufeind at speedpartner.de
Sat Feb 16 16:41:45 CET 2013

On 02/14/2013 09:51 PM, Philipp Gampe wrote:
> Hi Bernhard,
>
> Bernhard Kraft wrote:
>
>> So the idea would be to have a compilation script which allows to
>> automatically shrink down TYPO3 core to only the required features.
>
> Most features are already extracted as extensions and can be removed if not
> wanted. However removing others can not be done without touching almost all
> parts of TYPO3.
>
> I think it would be better if we could update or extend the Install Tool to
> at least have a wizard to select the wanted modules and maybe even to remove
> the module (but thats also possible with EM).

[...]

Imho good examples for that might be workspaces and versioning. On very
small sites they probably won't be used - editors might even wonder what
that additional icon is for if you don't turn off that functionality for
their account :-)

@Bernhard: What other larger/slow/bloated functionality do you have in
mind that you'd like to strip away? Could those functionality maybe be
moved to optional core-extensions then?

Regards,
 Stefan