[TYPO3-core] Age of developers

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri Feb 15 21:02:38 CET 2013

Hi,

On 15-2-2013 15:26, François Suter wrote:
>> I have one more thing to bother you during the next time: I would like to
>> know how old many of you are. Just to have an overview how much of
>> evolving computers you have seen ...
>
> François Suter, 45 years, born 1967.

Jigal van Hemert, 45 years, born 1967

> Wrote my first lines of code on a Prime computer
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Computer) back in 1982. A 100k
> floppy was as vast as a galaxy back then ;-)

First code was BASIC on a Tandy TRS-80, followed by Assembler on the
same machine. Moved to Sinclair ZX-Spectrum (48K memory, Z-80
processor). Also wrote some educational stuff in Pascal on a Prime mini.
Have seen all kinds of PCs based on 8088, 286, 386, .... CPUs, AS-400.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!