[TYPO3-core] Memory system woes

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Wed Feb 13 13:06:51 CET 2013

Hi Mathias,

Mathias Schreiber wrote:

> Best example is the "do not load in FE flag" which has been removed.
> The removal improved nothing but restored the previous (worse) state of
> RAM usage. At least to me this clearly signals "I have no idea what this
> does, let's remove it"

It was removed, because it was not used by TER, thus TER extensions never
had this flag. At this time, nobody had time to fix the TER - this has
change fortunately.

The refactored code from Christian will provide a better ground to evaluate
such a feature in the future again.
Maybe it can be reimplemented without causing unwanted side effects or
complicating the API.

If you want to have such a feature again, then
a) Make sure that the TER will be adopted
b) Add core patch
c) Add EM support
d) Patch code usages (sysext)

Also thing about other possible side effects, e.g. should this flag change
TS include (for extbase - I know that is ugly anyway)?
Or just extTables?

There are lots of ideas to improve the bootstrap that are currently
evaluated (and tested). If you have some ideas, then please join the
discussions* - but be open minded.

*There is an open skype chat - send any active contributor your skype name
and you will be added.

Best regard
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!