[TYPO3-core] Flushing output buffers before sending thumbnails

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Feb 12 20:12:09 CET 2013

Hi Olly,

>  From my perspective it's fine in this particular case. Warnings and the
> like would not have been displayed at all since the mime-type is
> something different than "text". However, it still would be interesting,
> where to search for the origin of this behaviour.
>
> One should find the "hint" at the beginning of the binary data of the
> image output - some warning or newlines/spaces...

It is a newline in this case and of course one could try to go through
all source files to find it. However I'm more of the mind that such
errors (extra lines) can happen frequently and inadvertently, so that it
makes sense to make them unable to hamper the proper functioning of the
system wherever such flushing of the output buffers does not have other
side effects.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter