[TYPO3-core] Backporting Hooks

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Sat Feb 9 10:50:15 CET 2013

Hello Guys,

from the discussions above and some problems in the past i want to
gently ask, if we can add an exception to the non backporting policy.

As Tolleiv mentioned in the "Review System woes" sometimes Hooks are
missing in the core. So my question is, if hooks may be backported in
the future.

Reasons:
 - Having hooks backported reduces the use of XClasses
   (which should be denied in my opinion)
 - Having Hooks instead of XClasses reduces headaches between version
   switches
 - Hooks usually do not break anything, but offer more possibilities :D
 - Having Hooks backported atleast one version / LTS makes it easier to
   make futureproof extensions

Thanks in advance
Kay

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!
Get involved: http://typo3.org

Answer was useful - feel free to donate:
  -
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=KPM9NAV73VDF2
  - https://flattr.com/profile/kaystrobach