[TYPO3-core] Review system woes

Michael Stucki michael.stucki at typo3.org
Sat Feb 9 00:07:30 CET 2013

Hi Dmitry,

let me suggest a solution to your problem:

> I submitted several patches, which come from fixing real life issues at
> Snowflake. They are not difficult but nobody reviews them. They are
> tested by months of requests to every site that we have. On the other
> hand, artificial and practically worthless changes come through because
> they are "ideologically correct", blah-blah-blah and so on.

I wrote it already some mails down in this thread, but you might have
overlooked it.

How about this: You team up with two fellow core team members to review
each of your patches together. Do it weekly, or use a Skype chat window
for it. That should be quite effective.

Who would be in for this?

I totally agree that the system needs an overhaul, but I suppose it will
always require a four-eye-review. Don't you agree about this?

Greetings, Michael

--
Michael Stucki
TYPO3 Core Team member