[TYPO3-core] Review system woes

Alexander Opitz alexander.opitz at netresearch.de
Fri Feb 8 17:30:51 CET 2013

Hi Philipp,

> The discussion about a change never took place in the issue tracker, not
> even when we used mantis. It took place in a mailing list before.
>
> As stated in the other mail, the issue tracker and the review system have
> completely different addressees.
>
> The issue tracker provides an interface for the *end users* to talk with the
> devs and to keep a collection of issues (todo list for the dev).
> The devs use the change control system to talk to each other.
> The relevance of the dev talk is low to not existing for the end user.
>
> The end user gets the information he needs, when a change is pending and
> when it is merged.
> He can also post feedback if the dev asks for more details.
>
> Two system for two tasks.

And thats why so many users are unhappy, if they post hints or own
patches without having the stress with gerrit. Not everybody have the
time to set all things up.

There are companies who want that it works, not that their developer
needs a half day to push the change back to TYPO3.

This users are "developing users" ... they are no developers and they
are no normal users, they are both and they are lost in the more or less
closed system.

> Because that is not the task of issue tracking.

This is the task of an issue tracker, tracking the state of an issue and
their informations. Discussions of source code is part of an issue.

Greetings Alex//

--
Viele Grüße
Alexander Opitz

T: +49 341 47842 15

Netresearch - Passion for eCommerce

Netresearch GmbH & Co. KG
Nonnenstraße 11d - 04229 Leipzig
http://www.netresearch.de

Registergericht: AG Leipzig HRA 15614
Komplementär: Netresearch Beteiligungs GmbH, AG Leipzig HRB 17018
Geschäftsführer: Michael Ablass