[TYPO3-core] Review system woes

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Fri Feb 8 13:54:03 CET 2013

Hi Michael,

Michael Stucki wrote:

> When you have two agencies (let's take the companies of Dmitry and
> Olivier for example), that would already give 3 core developers which
> would totally suffice to push the changes through Gerrit.

So why do they claim that this is an issue of Gerrit?
That just softly enforces the review rules and enables easy and fast
reviews.

I think the main problem here is communication. If the companies would
organize code sprints dedicated to business needs then those patches could
be reviewed fast and with little delay.
Another option (but it needs more discipline) would be to free one dev for
one day of the month to do reviews and to propose patches that turned out to
be useful - once again the issue is the communication to synchronize those
"free work" days.

Best regards
Documentation – linkvalidator
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!