[TYPO3-core] Review system woes

Christian Müller christian.mueller at typo3.org
Fri Feb 8 11:03:59 CET 2013

Just as a quick pointer here, we had coincidental contact with a guy
from GitHub during our codesprint last week (GitHub sponsored two of our
lunches) and they would offer a lot of help for moving TYPO3 to GitHub.
A lot is possible with them so it might be really worth considering the
move. I didn't follow the full discussion but Robert, Karsten and Marc
from our team have the full-out info. I am neutral in that, I can work
with Gerrit but GitHub would be fine too.
Only thing I see is that for those answering here the problem is not the
"difficult" handling of pushing patches to Gerrit but the easier path to
merging stuff and that is something I see critically. We have a high
code standard and should try to keep that up (not saying that lowering
barriers will necessarily mean lower quality, just wanted to point out
that we need to watch that if moving to GitHub).

Cheers,
Christian

--
Christian Mueller