[TYPO3-core] Review system woes

Helmut Hummel helmut.hummel at typo3.org
Thu Feb 7 20:47:17 CET 2013

Hi Dmitry,

On 07.02.13 10:00, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:

> But my cHash patch, which prevents a possible DoS on TYPO3, is pending for
> a long time. It is a simple one and nobody from core devs considers it.

You mean this one, right?

https://review.typo3.org/14688

I asked you for clearification Dec 21st 2012 after reviewing it.[1]
Since then I looked at it a couple of times, but until today I have no
feedback from you.
What do you expect from me (or any other core developer) to do more?
I now tried giving a -1 which I happily revoke if you prove me wrong.

Other than that I somehow agree, that there are different needs for,
opinions about and focus on TYPO3 CMS and different working modes within
core developers (and contributors) and we're lacking a clear strategy
how to deal with that.

Even worse, it seems to be the case that we are unable to communicate
properly with each other, resulting in frustration on all sides.

The "RFC 17978" thread is a prefect example for that.

Kind regards,
Helmut

[1]https://review.typo3.org/#/c/14688/6/typo3/sysext/frontend/Classes/Controller/TypoScriptFrontendController.php,unified

--