[TYPO3-core] Review system woes

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Feb 7 11:28:58 CET 2013

Hi,

On 7-2-2013 10:35, Ernesto Baschny wrote:
> Give more people "commit rights": basically the "active contributors"
[...]
> And at the same time, have the "Core Dev Team" reposition itself: less
> people and with a more generic overall responsibility, like the
[...]

This is basically renaming things (which we seem to like a lot).

If people show enough responsibility and code quality they can become
"committers" (now "core team members").
Core Team becomes a smaller group which has an overview and takes
decisions (which we now lack, or which is tried by reaching consensus
among a large group, or which is done by the RM/Release Team).

Polluting the current Core Team with inactive people is something that
could be solved, but which is also a danger for the future "committers"
group.

Maybe it can be simpler:
- create an "architecture team" for decisions and overview of TYPO3 CMS;
this has partly an overlap with the release team I guess
- make the "core team" more dynamic by letting people in and out based
on activity, responsibility and code quality
--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 Core Team member

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!