[TYPO3-core] Translation 'en' missing

Daniel Alder dalder at snowflake.ch
Thu Feb 7 11:20:31 CET 2013

Am 07.02.2013 10:50, schrieb Michael Stucki:

> Ooops! You're totally right, of course. I didn't think about this,
> just added it because someone mentioned it in the comments to your
> first patch.
> Of course this should be dropped again (update: just fixed).

thanks! :)

> I didn't test it myself, but looking at the code, the change is
> obvious and simple. However, that is often the case when you don't
> think about all consequences of it :-)
> I guess the change will definitely add the behaviour that you want. To
> check for any possible side-effects, I'd like Xavier to take a look at
> it, and added him as reviewer.

 From my side this could be the only "problem":
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/42084#note-7

Especially the fact "typo3 community has no unit how the translation
handling should work". So if it's not really defined/studied there is no
"correct" handling. A "correct" patch is based on point of view. For
example how should TS work:
- Is 'default' key allowed?
- implement Fallbacks => Priority of 'default' and 'en'?

=> in any case you could break some configurations (before or after 4.6,
but not really all of them, depends on the implementation) or you will
create a new behavior how TS translation is working.

Translation Server shouldn't be effected since "global" translations
never used 'en' languages.

Thanks for you effort and taking care of things!