[TYPO3-core] Current discussions / collection of thoughts and options

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Wed Dec 18 10:59:41 CET 2013

Hi Stefan,

thanks for sharing the links - I'd like to give some feedback on those...

Am 11.12.13 14:19, schrieb Stefan Neufeind:
> Hi,
>
> following internal discussions today we created two notes-documents.
> It would be great if you could add your thoughts to the documents so
> that hopefully we come to consistent and wise decisions.
>
> https://notes.typo3.org/p/Realtime-Communication-Channels

Basically this about switching from current private Skype chat channels
to a public channel that is open for everybody interested in TYPO3 CMS
core development. The current suggestion is to use the #typo3-cms [1]
channel on IRC. However, it's obvious that IRC is an old protocol and
features like offline notifications are not available out of the box,
but by using additional services like e.g. ZNC [2].

Thus, this notes document can be extended by everybody with accordant
interest and experience in this topic of.

> https://notes.typo3.org/p/CGL-decisions

We briefly discussed this topic during a release team meeting in
Stuttgart two weeks ago (protocol on that will follow). Benni and Xavier
took over the task of collecting these things and finalizing the coding
guidelines...

All the best,
Olly

[1] http://typo3.org/support/irc-chat/