[TYPO3-core] Trailing newlines

Bernhard Kraft kraft at kraftb.at
Wed Dec 18 10:33:25 CET 2013

Hello!

I bothers me since quite a time and is a source of error: Trailing
newlines after the closing PHP tag.

There was already a discussion about this three years ago:
http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-team-core/2010-July/040821.html

Maybe we should change the CGL to "allow" files without an closing PHP
tag. I usually hate it when CGL gets changed and forces you to change
your coding style so I stated explicitly "allow".

So files CAN have an ending "?>" php tag but must not have any
additional characters (newlines) after this. Leaving away the closing
"?>" php tag solves this problem anyways.

greetings,
Bernhard