[TYPO3-core] Life-time extension of TYPO3 4.7 and security-fix-only branches

Steffen Ritter steffen.ritter at typo3.org
Tue Dec 10 15:43:20 CET 2013

Hey guys,

in the hurry some mistakes slipped into the first mail.

Am 10.12.13 12:02, schrieb Steffen Ritter:
> * We keep all stable branches in “security & bug fix” mode
> * With reaching the “security & bug fix” phase a branch basically goes
> to merge-freeze and only a release team decision may merge patches there.

This is about the "security & priority fix" phase of course not the
regular bug fixing period. Especially I did not intend to change
something at the current "state" of the branches.

The whole thread was meant as a refreshmeant and clarification of
http://typo3.org/news/article/typo3-cms-agenda-more-long-term-support/
and how this behaves with the extension of lifetime for 4.5 and 4.7
according to the original agenda.

regards

Steffen